Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Miss Manners kicks ass

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1992 05:39:33 -0800
Subject: Miss Manners kicks ass
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn BARGER)

Sheee-it.  Look at the mess this place has gotten into!  Me'n'Ron Hill
are about to start a long, dweeb'n'girly-boy thread about the songs,
starting with the demo-tapes.

But I think before I start we need to get a sense of how people feel
about this outspoken sub-group that enjoys seeing people's feelings
hurt.

Which of these would people prefer?

1) Put them in a kill file on Spies when they be rude, so they can read
but not post... at least until they acknowledge that rudeness is not
acceptable.  (They can have their own newsgroup: rec.music.gaffa.badvibes,
or mailing list: HellHounds!)

2) Have two versions of Love-Hounds (the mailing list), one with assholes,
one, via a kill file, without.  Let people choose, but post all messages,
even the vulnerable ones, for the assholes to sputter over.

3) Start a private mailinglist for the tenderfolk, the girlyboys and
boylygirls, and crosspost or not, as we fucking well choose, you sorryass
unenlightened parasitic *dicks*. (With a kiss kiss cross cross kiss ;^)
(That's from Finnegans Wake).

We went and let the weirdness in, naively, idealistically, hopefully, but
we still have the key, we can change our minds and *lock them out* in
any number of ways.

Shall we debate for a week and then count heads?