Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dougs post

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1992 21:46:43 -0800
Subject: Dougs post
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Doug said:

Kate has said that at the time she was living in the city and that she
found it very stressfull.  She was also very upset about the death of
John Lennon.  This made also made her fear for her own safety, living
in the city and all, and she installed a security system in her home
with remote cameras at the gate so that she could see someone before
letting them through.  (This is mentioned, by the way, in the song
"All The Love": "So now when they ring I get my machine to let them
in.")  The age of 25 is also a very common age for people to be filled
with all kinds of angst.

I says:

        This is very interesting.  I've read where she said the city was
stressful and I've read where she's said she was upset about John Lennon
dying, but I've never read where she or anyone else made the connection
between the two.  Could you give us your source (if it's not confidential)?

--
 rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 435-6181