Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Collector's Edition Rocket Man CD-single

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1992 17:31:04 -0800
Subject: Re: Collector's Edition Rocket Man CD-single
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

s.telford@ed.ac.UK (Scott Telford) writes:

> In article <94LVeB2w164w@netlink.cts.com>, rhill@netlink.cts.COM (Ron
> Hill) writes:
> > s.telford@ed.ac.UK (Scott Telford) writes:
> >  [My RM Colector's Edition description deleted]
> >
> >         So, where did you get this?  By mail order somewhere?  I wonder wha
> > the chance is that the "Hannah" might be THE "Hannah", Kate's mum.  Was thi
> > an "official release" or it it something that fans put together.  Inquiring
> > minds want to know!
>
> I got it from a mail-order outfit somewhere around London for L16.
> Before Xmas, trm@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Tara R. Marchand) mentioned
> finding it in a local record store (presumably in California) at
> $22.95. It's definitely an official US item put together by the record
> company. According to the numbering of the prints, it's a limited
> edition of 2000, so you better move fast if you want one 8^)
>
> "Hannah" is (I think) some American artist. Two other KaTe-portraits
> by her are advertised in the latest issue of "Record Collector"
> magazine.

        That's interesting.  I wonder if Kate knew of or approved this.
It's interesting 'cause I've never heard of them mixing "fan" (assuming
"Hannah" is a fan) stuff with the official releases, except of course the
japanese box set.

--
 rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 435-6181