Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Until The End of the World

From: aurs01!aurxc3!whitcomb@mcnc.org (Jonathan Whitcomb)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1992 06:37:46 -0800
Subject: Until The End of the World
To: mcnc.uucp!aurs01!Love-Hounds%wiretap.Spies.COM@mcnc.org

Cynthia Rosas writes:

>Has anyone heard about an album (CD) called Until The End Of
>The World?  Apparently it's a soundtrack from a movie, I
>guess.  Anyways, is there supposed to be a Jane Siberry/k. d.
>lang duet of some sort on it?  If anyone has info, please
>spill.
>(It's by various artists.)

Yep!  The album sports new tracks from T-Bone Burnett, Elvis Costello,
Talking Heads, REM, Depeche Mode and many others, including that lovely
duet by Jane Siberry and k.d. Lang called "Calling All Angels".  The
overall tone of the album is fairly dark and murky, but that track is
quite uplifting.  I would recommend the album to those who don't mind
exploring the darker aspects of pop music.

I read in a local music rag that Jane Siberry's new album is due out in
February.  Anyone have any details?

-Jonathan
whitcomb%aurgate@mcnc.org