Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW Booklet (Japanese)

From: L-H@cup.portal.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1992 22:05:54 -0800
Subject: Re: TWW Booklet (Japanese)
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Hi Everyone,

Tippi Chai (hi Tippi) wondered something like:
OK, does anybody else know Japanese?  If not, I'll volunteer.  I read and wri
Japanese, and I have a 5" thick dictionary to help me out.  Although it
won't be a word-for-word translation of the whole thing, I'll be able
to provide at least the gist of the booklet.  MAJOR PROBLEM : I DON'T
HAVE A COPY OF THE BOOKLET.  So if someone can send me a photocopy,
I can start cracking.  (Just how long is it anyway??)

It's 28 pages long (the main booklet you're asking about), and is called
"This Woman's Work 1958-1990--The Biographical Notes Of Kate Bush,"
and was "compiled" by Hideyo Itoh from a variety of sources (bibliography
included).  But that's not all there is in the Japanese box.  Each CD
(excluding the two "rarities" CDs) booklet also contains either stories
or interviews of on the average, 4 pages in length.

I had "promised" to post translations of all the stuff some time ago,
shortly after the release of the Japanese box. This was based on an
assurance from a Japanese co-worker who I had described the job to.
However, once he took a glance at all the stuff, he suddenly decided
that he didn't have time to do it all.  Oh great.  One thing he did
tell me was that some of the articles in the CDs were translations to
Japanese of existing articles, presumably in English, and that the
source of the article was noted after each.  So that would certainly
be a help to translate that first and see if the original article
can be found.  I really have no idea if these articles exist in the
archives, but I'd say chances are better than even.  Perhaps if you post
the names of the sources, someone can look for it...

Larry (L-H@cup.portal.COM)               "KATE BUSH IS LOVE"

                                            - my bumper sticker
                                            (She really IS, you know)