Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KITS countdown (was Re: The Book I Read)

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1992 12:42:35 -0800
Subject: KITS countdown (was Re: The Book I Read)
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <1992Jan12.193530.10830@sti.com> stev0@sti.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
>o  Also, in case you were wondering, KITS, San Francisco's alternative
>   radio station (Motto:  All the REM, All the time) printed its
>   top 105 songs (in a blinding flash of uniqueness, it also coresponds
>   to their frequency), Rocket Man came in at 85.

To be precise, RM is no. 85 on their list of the top 105 songs of 1991.
Other songs on that list that may be of interest to people here are:

Siouxsie & the Banshees -- Kiss Them For Me -- no. 4
Divinyls -- I Touch Myself -- no. 12
Alison Moyet -- It Won't Be Long -- no. 25
Voice of the Beehive -- Monsters & Angels -- no. 27
Siouxsie & the Banshees -- Shadowtime -- no. 48
Kirsty MacColl -- Walking Down Madison -- no. 57
Enya -- Carribean Blue -- no. 81
Single Gun Theory -- From a Million -- no. 90
Lush -- De-Luxe -- no. 92
Mary's Danish -- Julie's Blanket -- no. 99

For the complete list, see my posting (coming soon) on rec.music.misc

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov