Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Book I Read

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1992 11:35:30 -0800
Subject: The Book I Read
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

Hi -

Here are some (very teniously) Kate-related books I saw while
bookstore-browsing this weekend.

o  A horror-book anthology called "Shock Rock", including stories
   by Stephen King, and other folks whos names I can't remember
   off hand.  It looks like a REAL stupid book (all the stories
   are related to that satanic rock-and-roll stuff).  However,
   one of the folks in the dedication page is our own Kate!  Yup,
   right up there along with Alice Cooper (who did the intro to
   the book) and AC/DC.

o  A self-help book about parenting called "Love and Anger".  No
   mention of Kate that I could see.

o  A book about British #1 singles.  Has a great photo of Kate
   bursting through a giant copy of Melody Maker.  Or maybe it was
   actual size - Kate IS rather short, y'know.

o  Also, in case you were wondering, KITS, San Francisco's alternative
   radio station (Motto:  All the REM, All the time) printed its
   top 105 songs (in a blinding flash of uniqueness, it also coresponds
   to their frequency), Rocket Man came in at 85.

I did not make up any of the above books - nor would I even think about
reading any of them, except for maybe that book of British #1's.

- Stev0

"OK, here's the deal.  Every time you ask me when I'm going to tour,
 I will make my planned tour date one month later.  Assuming I have
 one."
   _ Things Kate should say #17

--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   |  This .Sig has virus protection
Stev0@sti.com          |