Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RIP News Briefs

From: bsbbs!nrc@uunet.UU.NET (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1992 01:40:22 -0800
Subject: RIP News Briefs
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Thanks to Ron Hill and Jessica for their insights on the fate of
 the late, lamented News Briefs from Love-Hounds.  It's a pity
 that Jorn has evidently decided that there is no reason to
 share with us here how he ultimately decided to dispose of a
 project where he was ostensively speaking for Love-Hounds.

We can only conclude that Jorn has decided to discontinue News
 Briefs because of the poor response from fanzines and fan
 clubs.  Fortunately, Jessica wisely decided against Jorn's idea
 of incorporating the news briefs into her Happy Rhodes fanzine
 as a lure for Kate fans and the matter was evidently closed.

Since Jessica has authoritatively stated that the matter was
 closed, Vickie's kind offer to forward whatever Ecto digests I
 might require to convince myself was unnecessary.  I certainly
 never questioned Jessica's word on the matter.

It is a shame that the state of Kate fandom is such that fan
 clubs and fanzines greet a generous offer like News Briefs with
 such apathy.  Jorn deserves credit and thanks for attempting
 such a project.  I just wish that it hadn't ended on a sour
 note with his bizarre refusal to discuss the project's ultimate
 disposition.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP