Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Finding Kate Items in London

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1992 08:40:53 -0800
Subject: Finding Kate Items in London
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From:	E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
>Subject: Re: My friend is going to London
>jerome@ee.fit.EDU (Jerome Chan) writes:
>>I've got a friend going to London for a few months and
>>I would like to know where in London can he get posters,
>>Pictures, Books, CDs and other interesting KaTeStuff.

>Well, it's going to be a short list but...
>Try "Sister Ray Records" on Brewer Street, Soho. Although expensive, they
>always have some very desirable KaTe stuff. There are a couple of other 2nd
>hand record shops on the same street but these are less interesting.

Sister Ray is at 94 Berwick Street, Soho. There used to be a few decent
shops in the Camden Town area and on Saturday mornings the market at
Camden lock sometimes had stalls which sold bootlegs (which of course
are illegal and nobody buys - do they?).

The big Tower at Picadilly Circus is worth a visit, as are the HMV and
Virgin stores on Oxford Street.

For collectable Kate items the best bets are record fairs. There are
fairs most weekends in London. Buy a copy of Record Collector and look
for the venues.

Hope that helps,
		Neil