Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: single gun theory

From: Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1992 09:40:39 -0800
Subject: Re: single gun theory
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

I am not FRANCKSEN@CHEERS.gs.COM (Jane Francksen).  I didn't say:
>i guess what i'm saying is that it lacks any signs of conviction or genius.
>that said, i still like it and listen to it & if there are any earlier albums
>in a similar vein which sound a bit dirtier i'd like to hear.

I don't really understand any of your complaints - the unemotional lyrical
delivery doesn't bother me at all, for instance.  I'm sick of people
screaming in my face, in fact.  I think it's more shocking when this quiet
little voice says, "she was my lover, she was my wife, til I went crazy and
killer her with a knife."  Anybody can yell "death destruction horror!" into
a mike at full blast (that's why I listen to Skinny Puppy, after all).

I don't know of any other recordings that sound like this one though, so I
can't recommend anything...  Sorry.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.