Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket Man" single special package + lithographs

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1992 06:54:16 -0800
Subject: Rocket Man" single special package + lithographs
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From:   trm@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Tara R. Marchand)
>While buying a couple of CDs at a local record store today, I
>noticed an envelope-like object wrapped in plastic above the
>counter.  Looking more closely, I saw that there was a person's
>face drawn on the envelope, and that this person resembled Kate.  I
>asked the clerk to let me have a look at it, and he took it down
>and gave it to me.  Turning it over, I saw that it was a specially
>packaged single of "Rocket Man" including both the vocal and
>instrumental versions of "Candle in the Wind".  The text on the
>back said something to the effect that the package included a
>special lithograph and was "numbered and signed by the artist".
>The store was selling it for $22.95.
>Tara R. Marchand

Sounds like the same thing I have just seen advertised in Record Collector
for 15 pounds. It says it includes an 8" x 10" numbered lithograph
print by an artist called Hannah.

The same issue also has an ad from another company selling two limited
edition American lithographs - also by Hannah. Each copy is said to be
signed and numbered by the artist. Size is 18" x 24" and they are priced
at 17-99 pounds each (32 pounds the pair) + postage.

Anyone know anything about this artist or seen these prints in the USA?

Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk