Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Favorite Female Vocals 1991

From: genel@pyrtech.pyramid.com (Gene Lege')
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1991 21:05:06 -0800
Subject: Re: Favorite Female Vocals 1991
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0ku8Pv-000DkZC@chinet.chi.il.us> you write:
>Vickie here. I was going to post this in rec.music.misc, but our news

>Toni Childs                  House of Hope

Yes, I like her too;  I saw her in 88/89 as well, and the show was
great!

>Laurie Freelove              Smells Like Truth

Is this the same Laurie Freelove that is/was (?) a member of
Two Nice Girls?

I'm in Dallas and my discs are in Houston,
and I can't remember the titles now, but I have
two albums.  I think they are "Two Nice Girls," and
"Claire loved Olivia."  These guys are great!
"For the Inauguration" is hilarious...

My brothers went to high school with Gretchen at
HSPVA in Houston.  David saw her at their 10 year
reunion last summer and related the story of how
they had won a healthy block of pro studio time
in a "Sweet Jane" contest in Austin.  This version
of "Sweet Jane" is the one that is on the first
album, and this how they were able to cut some great
demos and subsequently get a contract...

I defy any human being to listen to a Gretchen Philips
song and not break out in an ear-to-ear grin for at
least a moment or two.

Anyway, Laurie Freelove was on the first album, but there
was a new name on the second...  I think they are actually
the same person, but am not sure.

A hearty endorsement from here!

gl