Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Toni Childs (was: Fave Female Vox 1991)

From: tessi!john@nosun.West.Sun.COM (John Zimmer)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1991 14:03:00 -0800
Subject: Toni Childs (was: Fave Female Vox 1991)
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Donna Stuedeman writes:

>I'm thrilled to see another Toni Childs fan!!!!!!!
>Anybody else out there listen to her???

I sure do!  I was fortunate enough to catch her on both passes she made through
Portland, OR (late 1988, early '89).  The first one was particularly memorable
because, after witnessing her captivating performance, I got to meet her!  We
just noticed a group of people waiting near the side door by the stage and
figured, why not?  Once they let us backstage I managed to (haltingly) tell her how great I thought her music and performance were and politely ask her for an
autograph.  A really charming, talented lady.

John Zimmer                         sun.com!nosun!tessi!john

"You people are fucking great!"  Toni Childs, 1988