Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: root@crash.cts.com
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1991 10:16:25 -0800
To: nosc!rec-music-gaffa@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Subject: Re: *** Distributing Cloudbusting ****
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1991 02:16:20 GMT
Sender: news@crash.cts.com

asr@castle.ed.ac.UK (A Rae) writes:

>rhill@pnet01.cts.COM (Ronald Hill) writes:
>
>>        In addition, the Amiga version will (hopefully) be finished a month
>>after the other two versions.  So I'll need a volunteer for that, also.  I'd
>>also like to know - are there a large number of people out there who have the
>>Amiga AND the ability to FTP to and from it?  I'm trying to debate the merits
>>of posting the Amiga version to the net, if nobody with Amigas have net access
>>then I guess it wouldn't make much sense.
>
>I belive there is a PD program (CrossDOS rings a bell) for the Amiga
>that lets it read IBM disks, which would solve the problem.
>(I know - how do they get CrossDOS)
>
>If you stick to IBM I believe you should have no problems. It can be
>read by PCs and Ataris direct, and I know of adaption programs in the
>public domain for Macs, Amigas, Sun workstations, and just about
>everything else.
>--
>Angus G Rae ("Cathy" VoiceMail) | JANET: asr@uk.ac.ed.castle
>c/o Archie Howitt, Room 1508,   |  ARPA: asr@castle.ed.ac.uk
>JCMB, King's Buildings,         |"Tigers don't worry about much, do they?"
>Edinburgh                       |`No. It's one of the perks of being feral.'

        I probably should have made this more clear for newer people.  The
Amiga version will include integrated sound and graphics, which of course are
not easily transfered from one system to another, hense the seperate Amiga
version.

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com