Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love-Hounds News Briefs Status

From: caen!bsbbs!nrc@harvard.harvard.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1991 11:37:51 -0800
Subject: Love-Hounds News Briefs Status
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

I originally composed this post some time ago.  Before I
expressed the nature of my concerns fully here in Love-Hounds I
wanted to make every effort to clear this up through email.  When
email failed I allowed Jorn every opportunity to update us on the
status of his project without dredging up the gory details of my
doubts over the direction he might be taking.  Since Jorn has
declined to do so I guess I have to post my message in it's
entirety.

--------

It appears that Jorn may have missed my earlier post about the
latest C-side flyer in which I asked about the status of the News
Briefs project.  Originally, "News Briefs from Love-Hounds" was
to have been a monthly project.  The first and only edition of
News Briefs was evidently completed back in August.

I think this sort of thing might be well worth the effort and I'd
like to see it continued if the interest merited it.  What is the
status of this project?  What organizations received this first
issue and was there any expression of interest?  Do you plan to
continue the project and if so in what form?

I originally posed these questions out of interest in the project
(as Jorn knows from my prior offers of assistance).  Now I am
bothered by a report that Jorn was considering directing
individuals who inquired about "News Briefs from Love-Hounds" to
a Happy Rhodes fanzine which would contain a page with Kate news.
That would, in my opinion, reflect poorly upon Love-Hounds.  Such
a scheme might seem like a "bait and switch" effort to promote
Happy under the auspices of Love-Hounds.

Please note that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Happy, I
would disagree with such an idea regardless of the artist being
promoted.  It would be bad enough to have something apparently
representing Love Hounds go out to all the Kate organizations in
the world and then disappear, let alone to have it appear to have
been supplanted by something for another artist.

Messages in the ecto archives confirm that such a plan was being
considered.  Alas, the ecto archives end in August, too soon to
tell how this question was eventually resolved.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP