Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

First attempt to make contact, with some questions.

From: Clive Backham <mcdd1!clive@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1991 03:25:24 -0800
Subject: First attempt to make contact, with some questions.
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>

I have been reading rec.music.gaffa with some interest for a few months,
and would like to:

* Find out whether this initial attempt to make contact gets through.
  So, could some kind soul out there post or email a reply?

* Ask a few questions of those of you more knowledgable about KaTe
  than I am:

a). About a year back I read a biography (presumably unauthorised)
    by someone called (I think) Kerry Ruby. What's the general view
    of this book? Is it regarded as fair and balanced? It seemed
    pretty much that way to me.

b). Does anyone know whether the two CDs of B sides &co from the box
    set are intended to be released separately in the future? I'd like
    to have them, but I'm not going to buy the box set when I already
    have the other six albums.
    (BTW, here in the UK, each individual CD costs #9; the box
    set is #105, which makes the B sides CDs #25 each !!)

c). I'd like to FTP some stuff from wiretap.Spies.com, but can't
    find a machine that knows about it. Would it help if I knew
    the X25 address, and if so, can someone let me know what it is?
    Any other routes that might help?

Many thanks in advance for any help on these issues.

|  Clive Backham, McDonnell Douglas, UK  |
|  phone:  +44-442-273400                |
|  email:  clive@mcdd1.uucp@uknet@mcsun  |
|    (or:  mcsun!uknet!mcdd1.uucp!clive) |