Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rocket Man Video

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1991 03:10:13 -0800
Subject: Re: Rocket Man Video
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From:   E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
>Subject: Re: Rocket Man Video

>nbc@inf.rl.ac.UK beats me to it with his description of the RM video but:
>>"And I think .." - shot changes to Kate "strumming" a ukulele (closet
>>George Formby fan?) in front of the band (Del, Charlie Morgan, Alistair
>
>That is not a ukelele. Putting it very simply, a ukelele is more like a
>small banjo than a small guitar.

Well I am not an expert on this but my dictionary defines a ukulele as
"small guitar-like four-stringed instrument", which is what she was using
in the video.

>>"Oh, no, no ..." - Kate "waddles" back and forth (sorry there is no better
>>word to describe the way she moves! Nearest equivalent is Jack Lemmon
>>in Some Like It Hot!) in front of the band.
>
>Leave her alone. She's enjoying herself! ;->

I didn't say it was not a sexy waddle! :-)

Neil

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk