Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Candle in the Wind

From: ag@sics.se (Anders G|ransson)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1991 12:10:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Candle in the Wind
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sics.se

>>>>> In article <9112130007.AA13177@agate.berkeley.edu>, usenet@agate.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator) writes:

Boris> 	About both songs, I have to say that I am glad that
Boris> she covered them as she did. She did it in a conventional
Boris> style that was not too conventional, and that kept
Boris> clear of the cliche..

It's a pity she somehow felt obliged to retain the original
melody.
Had she strayed away completely....

Boris> --boris

best regards Anders
--
_____

"The fact that there seems to be a big gap in quality between
the works of Wittgenstein  and most of his followers would
appear to indicate that there is much more to the method than
can be learnt from Wittgenstein's teaching"

Hao Wang in "From Mathematics to Philosophy".