Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Candle in the Wind

From: viewpnt!echelon!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1991 13:22:05 -0800
Subject: Candle in the Wind
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

It's really too bad that they didn't put this on the album instead of
"Rocket Man".

It's a much better cover, IMHO.

And I would have loved to have seen the video.  You-know-who in a platinum
wig, posing in a skirt over a grate, and then tearfully waving goodbye
from her spaceship, and maybe even throwing in a "Wuthering Heights"-ish
cartwheel or two.

When she sang "Like a Candle in the Wind" she could pantomime lighting a
candle, accidentally blowing it out, and then her tears could become the
rain...

					larry...

PS: Keef, where are you when we need you?