Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sTuff

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (shoeless joe gazer)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1991 18:34:15 -0800
Subject: sTuff
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

greg@irl.ise.ufl.edu (Greg O'Rear) sez:
>"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" from something by Alexander Pope,

guadacanal diary also has a song with this line in it. i believe the
title is "where angels fear to tread", but i don't have the tape here
(someone stole it from me...funny, i haven't missed it until now).

raphael@research.canon.oz.au (Andrew Raphael) sez:
>If you like the Baby Animals _and_ Kate Bush, you should go and buy the
>Falling Joys album "Wish List" on Nettwerk/Volition.

i picked this up at a swapmeet almost a year ago for $4 on cd. my first
listen was one of those in one ear and out the other situations. but the
second time around was pretty good - hook-laden guitar pop with decent
vocals by ... dredge memory ... suzzie higgie? yeah ... that's her name.
good stuff - solid and fun.

woj@remus.rutgers.edu - love is the distance between reality and pain