Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Maryless Candles/Aged Animals

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1991 00:37:00 -0800
Subject: Maryless Candles/Aged Animals
To: clout!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

Vickie here. Ben Siemerink posts from Popfoto:

> Magazine: Popfoto
>           interviews or reviews.
> The article' has a large photo of Kate, with some general data at the side
> of that photo. Besides it, is a column with text. BTW Have a look at the
> date of birth!
> ----------
> Full name:               Catherine Mary Bush
> Place and date of birth: 31 July 1958, Welling, Kent.
> Sign of the zodiac:      Leo
> Hair colour:             Red brown
> Eyes colour:             Brown

DoB isn't the only thing they got wrong. Kate's middle name is NOT Mary,
she doesn't have one at all. They were close though, because Mary is her
Confirmation name. Kate said this herself on "Personal Call."

We finally have the CD single. Chris and I love Candle in the Wind, both
versions are *very* beautiful. She doesn't look old in the photos at all!
They're gorgeous shots! Sad? Maybe. Old? Pah! Hearing this kind of thing,
especially using these particular shots as examples, generates sparks in
my brain. She definitely doesn't look old to me. She looks beautiful, as
usual. Sure, I've seen shots of Kate where she looks tired, even exhausted,
but "old?" Never. Kate's always been blessed with great beauty, but a lot
of that also comes from within. As the birthdays pass, her "looks" will be
subject to time and gravity, but the inner beauty will always shine through.
In my eyes, she'll be as beautiful at age 80 as she is now, or was at 16.
Those who throw out the word "old" so casually will hopefully re-think
their criteria for this judgement. If they think she looks old now (geez,
especially in those particular, beautiful, wonderful photos) when she's
only 33 years old, then they'd better get used to it, because she's not
going to get any younger, and I doubt (hope) she's the kind of person who
will spend time, effort and money on facelifts and other tricks to stay
"young" looking. She's earned those lines that are starting to show and
I like them.

I have to agree with Kiri about Baby Animals. I can't stand their
album. Maybe it would grow on me, but I can't stand it enough to give
it that chance. Especially not when there's so much really good music
that I *want* to listen to. Whats-her-name has a beautiful, smoky voice
and is beautiful and smoky to look at. I honestly admire her for wearing
the suit she wears in the "Painless" video. She could have worn a slinky,
sexpot dress. The music (IMHO) is painfully mediocre though. The *FIRST*
time I heard the album, I thought to myself, "I've heard this album *SO*
many times before" and that's not a compliment. I wouldn't write off the
band, I certainly wouldn't write off her, but whoever writes the music
needs a few lessons in imagination and originality. Yech! IMHO, of course.

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us