Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Loveletters-A Dance Fantasy

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1991 00:44:00 -0800
Subject: Loveletters-A Dance Fantasy
To: clout!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

Vickie here. Some additional info about the dance show mentioned recently.
I saw (and taped) this on the Arts and Entertainment channel. It was part
of a series called _Stage_. Stacy Keach was the host for the series and
in his introduction before the film started he mentioned Kate as one of
the musicians who's music appears in the show. Loveletters is definitely
a Canadian production.

                Loveletters-A Dance Fantasy

List of music used in the film:

Laurie Anderson-Kokoku, Born, Never Asked
Buffy St. Marie-Love's Got to Breathe and Fly, Nobody Will Ever Know It's
                Real But You
Leonard Cohen-First We Take Manhattan (he actually appears in the program)
Penguin Cafe Orchestra-Music By Numbers (Numbers 1-4), Pigtail, Air
Andre Gagnon-Nelligan, Two Days In The Country, Les Turluteries
John Tucker-Demon, Pedestrian Groove, Rogue
Jennifer Warnes-Famous Blue Raincoat

and Kate Bush

(songs in order of appearance)

Breathing...playing on the stereo in the background
Running Up That Hill (extended mix)...excerpted dance
The Infant Kiss...playing on the stereo in the background
Breathing...excerpted dance
Ne T'en Fui Pas...full complete dance (Beautiful! Dancers on clouds!)

The ending credits list Un Baiser D'enfant, though I cannot hear it at all.
The Infant Kiss is very clear, and the lyrics are definitely in English, so
I'm at a loss about where the French version is hidden.

Here are a few credits for the show:

Anne Ditchburn-Choreography, Music Editor, Dancer
Jurgen Lutz-Directed and Edited
Niv Fichman and Larry Weinstein-Producers

I wonder if this is available on video in Canada. Would one of our Canadian
Love-Hounds check on this?

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us
-~~r