Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love-Hounds Digest #7.396

From: viewpnt!echelon!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1991 10:34:45 -0800
Subject: Love-Hounds Digest #7.396
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

> From:	Ben Siemerink <bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
> Date:	Tue, 10 Dec 1991 02:47:24 -0800
> To:	Love-Hounds-Request@eddie.mit.edu
> Subject: Gossip interview (Re: colour)

Well, I don't trust this interview.  First of all, according to her
birth certificate (I just consulted the copy in _Kate Bush Complete_)
she doesn't have a MIDDLE NAME!

She was also born on 30 July.

She's never referred to Del Palmer ever as "the sweetest boy" in any other
interview.  She specifically avoided talking about their relationship at
all for years, to the point where in an early 1982 TV interview she lied
to the reviewer - told him she had a boyfriend, but that he was an artist
and not involved in music.

She would never call the Fairlight a synthesizer (Drukman's ravings about
sample post-processing aside).  She hated playing the violin - I doubt
she lists it among the instruments she plays these days.

The KT Bush band no longer exists.  Paddy played in it, and some members
of the band do work with her still, although she also picked up others
from session musicians for TKI and Lionheart.

"Just like David Bowie, by the way." - Come on, she's never really been
a name-dropper.

I would think she could me more specific about dinners, but we'll let
that pass.

"But I'd like to read as well".  - maybe when she grows up?

Happiest/saddest experiences - what a load of tripe!  For a woman who refuses
to look back as a creative artist, and doesn't really like her first two
albums much at all (though she does mention in later interviews that
"Wuthering Heights has been...very good to me", she certainly doesn't call
it the happiest moment of her life.  This interview must also be
right around the time of _Hounds of Love_ (given their guess about Del
Palmer and how long she would have been in the public eye).

We won't bother with the last few questions.  They are left as an
exercise to the reader.

					larry...