Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

GG Allin History

From: ddc1@jaguar.uofs.edu
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1991 02:21:52 -0800
Subject: GG Allin History
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uofs.uofs.edu

In article <lawtonj.691272485@p4.cs.man.ac.uk>, lawtonj@project4.COMputer-science.manchester.ac.UK (Kaleidoscope) writes:
> In <Duy2BB2w164w@bsbbs.UUCP> cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP (Cynthia Rosas) writes:
>>First, the latest music news in Orlando.
>
>>It seems last Monday, at a downtown "progressive, underground
>>punk" club called Club Space Fish, a group known as GG Wells

> GG Allin

>>and the Murder Junkies, proceeded to urinate and defacate
>>onstage, and then began throwing the ... poo poo at the
>>audience.  They were arrested, the club was temporarily shut
>>down.   Apparently, in 1989, the same guys were arrested in
>>Dallas for the same type thing.  THe news had a video snippet.
> Apparently he has threatend to kill himself on stage on Oct 31st
> next year taking as many of the audience with hime as possible.
> I find this quite interesting relating to cencorship - after all if
> he did so would he be guilty of murder, or manslaughter? If it
> was known in advance he was going to chuck crap at people, or try
> to kill them & they turned up, can they complain.
> Could they sue him if he didn't kill himself? :-)
> And more importantly would it be a loss to the world? Just think -
> a great artist like that commiting suicide :-)

	Well GG Allen is up to his old tricks again, eh? For those who aren't
familiar with his "work" his old bands were

	1. GG Allen and the Scum Fucks
	2. GG Allen and the Texas Nazi's

	Mr. Allen was using the first band before his prison stay for raping a
14 year old girl on stage during one of his shows. One might ask WHY a 14 year
old girl was at one of his shows in a bar, but that didn't seem to occur to the
authorities. He has been plagued by the authorities for years, it seems they
know when he's coming and they just wait for him to do something like the above
incidents. Maybe he should modify his act slightly if he would like to avoid
additional prison time, but then again if he smart enough to put out his own
albums he would have thought about this already.
	Well I'll have to update my mental archives on GG Allen to include the
Murder Junkies. His music is actually not that bad on vinyl if you like
hardcore, but I'd stay WAAAAAYYYYY back at one of his performances if I went to
one. He'd have to be playing NEXT to my house for me to go, so I don't think
I'll be seeing him anytime in the near future.

Dave D. Cawley		   |	Where a social revolution is pending and,
University Of Scranton	   |	for whatever reason, is not accomplished,
ddc1@jaguar.uofs.edu	   |	reaction is the alternative.
ddc1@SCRANTON		   |				-Daniel De Leon