Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: ch0mpc@gdt.bath.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1991 03:41:47 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@ukc.ac.uk

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: ch0mpc@gdt.bath.ac.uk (Matt Clifton)
Subject: Re: Two Rooms Live
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1991 11:41:38 GMT

In article <46917@skye.dcs.ed.ac.uk> s.telford@ed.ac.UK (Scott Telford) writes:

>A "Two Rooms" TV show is going to be on ITV tonight (Friday) at 23:10
>(Scottish TV) or (I think) 22:40 (LWT). This is probably the same
>show, but it would seem like an excellent opportunity to plug Rocket
>Man with the (whole!) video. Yes, probably wishful thinking....

  Unfortunately, yes. Although there were brief clips of interviews
with several of the cover artists on the album (Sting, Tina Turner,
Phil Collins and so on), Kate's contribution was neither mentioned nor
played. The documentary covered Elton and Bernie's co-involvement in
their songs, and showed clips of both Elton's and the cover artists'
versions (with one notable exception). Still, it was quite interesting
in spite of this.

--
| Matt P Clifton -  ||  ch0mpc@uk.ac.bath.gdt  |  It's not what you've	got, |