Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

'Rocket Man' and... what happened??

From: ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1991 05:42:02 -0800
Subject: 'Rocket Man' and... what happened??
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@monu0.cc.monash.edu.au (Usenet system)

G'day,

In article <AA02617@tessi>, john@tessi.UUCP (John Zimmer) writes:
> Ronald Hill writes:
>
>> So what's the best strategy for those of us who haven't seen ROCKET
>>MAN to do so here in the U.S.?  I'm going to be watching 120 minutes on MTV,
>>but is there somewhere else that might play it?
>
> A couple of possibilities come to mind: 1) Night Tracks on WTBS -- the off-camera "VJ's" are twits, but the format is mostly alternative, whatever
> that means; 2) something I *think* is called Video Jukebox (my cable system
> doesn't offer it, but I've seen it at a friend's place), sort of a pay-per-
> view music video service.
>
> VH-1 may not be entirely out of the question, either; the same friend also
> says he saw the new Enya clip there.

Is that 'Caribbean Blue', the one with nymphs/pixies/fairies/whatever running
around a forest and a child looking through a storybook, yes?
In the UK, she just has released 'How Can I Keep from Singing?' as a new
single.  I have heard nothing about any video for it.  Has anyone in the UK
seen it, it there is one?  Sorry about the change of thread.

> Has anyone else seen the clip for Baby Animals' "Painless"?  Besides having a
> smoky-voiced stunner (Suze DeMarchi) for a lead singer, their CD liner notes
> make reference to "-- all the Bushies".  Well, they're Australian after all...
> :)

And pretty good live, too.  Didn't see 'Painless' clip, alas.  But they had a
single called 'Rush You' which is pretty good and the clip is, er, HOT!!!!

Now about this 'Two Rooms' kufuffle.  Heard the album:  not bad.  Sinead
O'Conners and Kate's interpretation of Elton John's songs I found to be the
most interesting.

However, there was documentary shown in Melbourne tonight called 'Two Rooms'
which is obviously about the 25 year writing partnership of Elton John and
Bernie Taupin.  I only seen the last 15 minutes, but it was still interesting
what Elton and Bernie have to say about each other.  Also Eric Clapton and
Roger Daltrey have their say about them.  But my question is:

     WERE KATE BUSH AND SINEAD O'CONNER INTERVIEWED AS WELL?

If so:   1.  What did they say of them?
         2.  Did they say why they interpreted their songs in that way?
         3.  AAAArrrgh!  Why did I have to work so late?!!

Cheers,
Mik.

* Mik Lipcsey, Computer Systems Officer,      * I am home, I know the way,  *
* Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash Uni., * I am home, feeling oh, so   *
* 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, Australia.     *    far away...              *
* Aarnet:  ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au          *       Enya & Roma Ryan:     *
* 'Open the Pod Bay Door, please, HAL'        *   'Evening Falls...' (1988) *