Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Rocket Man" in the USA

From: tessi!john@nosun.West.Sun.COM (John Zimmer)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1991 16:56:26 -0800
Subject: "Rocket Man" in the USA
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Ronald Hill writes:

> So what's the best strategy for those of us who haven't seen ROCKET
>MAN to do so here in the U.S.?  I'm going to be watching 120 minutes on MTV,
>but is there somewhere else that might play it?

A couple of possibilities come to mind: 1) Night Tracks on WTBS -- the off-camera "VJ's" are twits, but the format is mostly alternative, whatever
that means; 2) something I *think* is called Video Jukebox (my cable system
doesn't offer it, but I've seen it at a friend's place), sort of a pay-per-
view music video service.

VH-1 may not be entirely out of the question, either; the same friend also
says he saw the new Enya clip there.

Has anyone else seen the clip for Baby Animals' "Painless"?  Besides having a
smoky-voiced stunner (Suze DeMarchi) for a lead singer, their CD liner notes
make reference to "-- all the Bushies".  Well, they're Australian after all...
:)

John Zimmer                         sun.com!nosun!tessi!john

Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht!