Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: <@EDDIE.MIT.EDU:mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1991 06:24:11 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in From: address found on wiretap.Spies.COM:From: Everette K.Abbott <mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu> ^ ^-illegal period in phrase \-phrases containing '.' must be quoted

Hello All,

          My name is Keith Abbott, I'm a senior at VCU (Virginia Commonwealth
University) who is graduating in Music Education. I've been writing music
reviews for about 3 years now for the school paper, as well as the Richmond
News Leader.

	  My ambition is to one day own and operate a successful music
magazine. I know many of you are music, business, and mass comm majors,
so I'm asking you for your comments and help on beginning this magazine.

          First of all, since money is always a big problem in starting a
business, I'd like to try this out on the Internet and Bitnet systems first
of all, and then maybe spread out among the rest of the non-computer world
and see what happens.

	  Please respond to the following questions:

	  1. Would you be willing to work for free for the experience of
	     creating a music magazine?

	  2. If not, what financial benefits would you feel would be
	     appropriate?

	  3. Would any of you pay $5 or less per year to subscribe to an
             e-mail magazine if it proved to be worthwhile?

          4. What would you like to see in a music magazine that you
	     don't already see in other music magazines?

	  5. What positions would do you think we would need to fill
	     in order to run a successful operation.

         I can't think of too much else at the moment, but if any of you
have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to email me at:

         mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu

	 Thanks for your time,

		Keith Abbott