Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Usenet News <usenet@usenet.rpi.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1991 00:34:23 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: speights@iear.arts.rpi.edu (Arlen Speights)
Subject: Re: new topic?
Date: 30 Nov 91 08:34:12 GMT

judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan) writes:

>  Ok, kids, is it time to start a new thread yet? I realize this has
>probably been covered numerous times before, but as some people's opinions
>do change over time:

>  "What is your favorite KaTe song, and why?"

"Under the Ivy" did it to me first and still does...

	A possible subthread:  "This Woman's Work" sounds verrry similar
	to UTI in terms of orchestration, KaTe's particular mode of
	singing, the way the song builds to a heart-stopping climax, then
	smoulders, lilts away....

	Are there other songs that work out of similar forms?  "All the
	Love," Houdini," and "Hello Earth" share the inclusion of an
	'extra' refrain of more formal orchestration than the body of
	the given song, etc.  While they transmit clearly different
	feelings, some KaTe songs share a character, IMHO.  ?

-Arlen P. Speights