Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's 'RocketMan' playlist

From: Mary (M.L.) Rowe <MARYLOU@BNR.CA>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1991 00:29:00 -0800
Subject: Vickie's 'RocketMan' playlist
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Sender: Mary (M.L.) Rowe <MARYLOU@BNR.CA>

Hi there. Noticed both 'Les Mystere de Voix Bulgares' and 'West
India Company' in Vickie's 'RocketMan' lineup she posted a little
while back.

I was pleasantly surprised to see them both. Judging from the song
titles for the West India Company cuts, I'd say it was the 'New Demons'
album commissioned for La La La Human Steps. I saw 'New Demons' twice
here in Ottawa.... spectacular!! (FYI La La La Human Steps is an
alternative dance company based in Montreal that made a big
impact last year. They did some work with David Bowie. 'New Demons'
was the name of last year's work.)

La La La Human Steps is performing their new work here in Ottawa
this December. It'll be interesting to see what they're using
for music this time.

BTW anybody out there ever heard of/listened to/like Danielle Dax?
I'd love to hear what you'd have to say.

Also in regards to 'Les Mystere de Voix Bulgare', at least one of the
members of The Trio Bulgarka solos on the 1st release.

                                         Ciao MLR.

Mary Lou Rowe  |My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of
BNR            |Bell-Northern Research.
P.O. Box 3511, Stn. C. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4H7
...!bnrgate!marylou%bwdlh490 MARYLOU@BNR.CA  613-765-4408