Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ba-Bush-Ka

From: bjhs@otter.hpl.hp.com (Ben Siemerink)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1991 11:31:20 -0800
Subject: Re: Ba-Bush-Ka
To: rec-music-gaffa@hpltwink.hpl.hp.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi Folks!

Steve Berlin (Stev0) writes:
> [...] "Just like his wife before she freezed on him". [...] what bugs me
> is why didn't she use the correct word, "Froze"?  It does nothing to the
> timing of the song; also, I doubt if she picked "freezed" because it
> "sounded" better phoentically [...]

I've got something rather similar, but different. I've just been to London
for the first time in my life. I was looking for Kensington Park, which KT
mentions in Lionheart: "Peter Pan steals the kids from Kensington Park" or
something like that. Well, I could not find any Kensington Park, but there
is a Kensington GARDENS, and in that Gardens is a statue of Peter Pan. Was
she just mistaken, do some people in London just call it Park in stead of
Gardens, or is Kensington Park a mixture of KENSINGTON Gardens and Hyde
PARK (just besides each other), or is there an other reason?

Ben.
 | Ben Siemerink        |                                                     |
 | Bristol, UK          |               H I     F O L K S     !               |
 | bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com |                                                     |