Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The KaTe Tribute Album

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1991 19:27:33 -0800
Subject: Re: The KaTe Tribute Album
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

kyrlidis@athena.mit.EDU (Angelos Kyrlidis) writes:

> Someone in plannet gaffa wrote:
> >Yes, I am suggesting a Kate Tribute album.
>
> Oh, you mean the ktisgod CD? Oh, it's been out for a while.
> Cover: Black with the  KT-fem logo in a 3-d Hologram.
>
> Track listing and quotes from singers:
>
> 1) Madonna - The Big Sky (Blonde Ambition remix)
> 'KaTe is sexier than Sinead O Connor cause she's got hair, but I make more
> money'

> 11) Sting - Breathing
> 'This song has done so much for environmental awareness I covered it so I cou
> pretend I wrote it for the Amazon Rainforest'
>
> My mind has gone blank after this one. Does anybody remember the rest of the
> tracks and quotes?
> :-) :-)

12) Jane Siberry - Suspended in Gaffa
   'I couldn't really find a track where I could sort of just talk
   in the middle but this one seemed to work pretty well with my
   Olive Oil does Laurie Anderson routine.'

13) Laurie Anderson - Experiment IV
    (Actually a four minute political message with no relation
    whatsoever to the Kate Bush track.)
    'I won't make as much for this track as Phil Collins did for
    his until the year 3000.'

14) Warren Zevon - Ran Tan Waltz
   'I figured it would be another good one to get censored on the
    Letterman show.'

15) Spinal Tap - Nice to Swallow (Love Pump Mix)
   'We did it in G.  I really think that G is the saddest of all
    keys, don't you?'

16) Caterwaul - Don't Put Your Foot on the Heartbrake
   'A difficult track to get down.  Mark's effect boxes kept
   blowing all the fuses and Betsy's nose plugs kept falling out.'

17) Happy Rhodes - Full House
   'I've been working on my Kate imitation for years and it's
   nice to finally have a chance to use it with some decent music.'

:-)

            "I opened up an agency somewhere down the line
             To hire aboriginals to work the opal mines
             But I attached their wages and took a whopping cut
             And whisked away their workman's comp and pauperised the lot"

               -- Warren Zevon, "Mr. Bad Example"

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP