Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hello! and a J.o.L lyrics request

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1991 10:15:32 -0800
Subject: Re: Hello! and a J.o.L lyrics request
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <01GCFWBXLUAOCNSBUQ@csc.canterbury.ac.nz> POLS051@cantva.canterbury.ac.nz writes:
<(1) In the second half of the song "Jig of Life" a male voice comes in and
<starts reading some sort of poem or verse, although I can only make out about
<half of the words.   The fact that this is not included in the lyric sheet of
<the album leads me into thinking that it is some established piece of poetry
<that she decided to incorporate.   Does anyone know if this is true, because I
<quite like it and would like to track down the poem.

The poem was written and spoken by John Carder Bush, Kate's oldest
brother.  The text of this poem has been transcribed several times on
rec.music.gaffa, but I don't have it myself.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov