Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Golden Palominoes and Peter Blegvad

From: relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1991 16:52:01 -0800
Subject: Re: Golden Palominoes and Peter Blegvad
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In the referenced article, whitcomb@aurxc3.UUCP (Jonathan Whitcomb) writes:
>  I've had no luck finding Peter
>Blegvad's new solo album called "King Strut", which features a
>few random Palominoes and Andy Partridge (of XTC fame).

And quite a good album it is.  There are some wonderful songs on this
one, a combination of quiet ballads and stronger material.  Blegvad is
a great songwriter and quite a guitar player as well.  The song
"Meantime" is the perfect showcase for these strengths, with
interesting fingerpicked guitar underlining and accenting the song's
dark and brooding lyrics.  The strange magical song "Chicken" is very
jazzy, with a strong string bass underpinning and a trumpet solo that
fits the mood perfectly.  Andy Partridge produces a few of the tracks
on this record and co-wrote the title song.  Buy or die.

Oh, and if anybody ever sees the Peter Blegvad CD "Peter Who?" I will
buy it.  Period.

	-- John

P.S. I have a Peter Blegvad discography available, e-mail for your
free copy today!
--
If you are interested in trading, selling, or buying CDs, send a message
to "used-music-server@cs.ucsb.edu", with the subject "HELP".