Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Marcus Garvey (was Re: Spectacular video exclusive!!!)

From: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1991 02:34:48 -0800
Subject: Re: Marcus Garvey (was Re: Spectacular video exclusive!!!)
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

From: boris@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 31 Oct 91 10:34:46 GMT

In article <1991Oct29.190605.27069@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> am995@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Buffalohead) writes:
>In a previous article, barger@ils.nwu.EDU () says:
>>When she sings "high as a kite by then" a spaceship floats past the window,
>>the name readable as "Marcus Garvey" (???)

Ack! You sent a charge through my simstim. I hope this isn't an
allusion to the rastafarian filled, Tesier-Ashpool, Wintermute et al.
world of Gibson's Neuromancer.

"The fractured lines and hallucinations were gone now, and the thing
looked real as ~Marcus Garvey~, a wingless antique jet, its smooth
skin plated with black chrome." --Neuromancer pg229

--boris