Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(none)

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1991 08:26:56 -0800
Subject: (none)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

news@warlord.UUCP writes:

> Jorn Barger & Greg Bossert sent me mail asking me to describe what Fidonet

Sorry, Richard I'm having a hard time following up your message since
it seems that your editor only inserted linefeeds at the end of your
paragraphs.  Some systems will respond to this differently but mine
just wants to truncate your lines to 80 columns.

The Big Sky is an actual (albiet small) Usenet site running under
WAFFLE, a BBS program that handles UUCP and NEWS.  This gives me
the benefit of simple and reasonably fast access to Love-Hounds
but has the drawback of no direct FIDONET access.

There is a site here locally that gateways FIDONET echos to the USENET
world and my USENET feed does get some FIDONET echoes from there.
Unfortunately, the KATEBUSH echo is not among them and the administrator
doesn't seem interested in adding echos right now.

Are you receiving Love-Hounds from your gateway via FIDONET protocol or
are you using UFGATE to receive it as a USENET batch and then translate
it to FIDO? If the latter, then it may be possible to set up a direct
feed from your system.  I'm not sure how practical that would be since
I don't currently have a high speed modem but it might be worth trying.
Drop me a line and maybe we can figure something out.

	           "Of course I went to law school and got a law degree
	           And counselled all my clients to plead insanity
	           Then worked in hair replacement swindling the bald
	           Where very few are chosen and fewer still are called"

                        -- Warren Zevon, "Mr. Bad Example"

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP