Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The KaTe Tribute Album

From: tjc50@ccc.amdahl.com (Terry Carroll)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1991 15:14:21 -0800
Subject: Re: The KaTe Tribute Album
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1991Oct20.040643.1@jaguar.uofs.edu> ddc1@jaguar.uofs.EDU writes:

>In article <1991Oct19.151830.24543@sti.com>, stev0@sti.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
>>
>> Y'know, what with everyone talkin' 'bout the Elton John tribute album,
>> I think everyone's missing an obvious point here:
>> Why does every musician, from Elton to Cole Porter to the soundtrack
>> to Disney films, etc. etc. have tribute albums, while our favourite
>> artist does NOT?  Yes, I am suggesting a Kate Tribute album.
>
>	How about that version of "Wuthering Heights" by Pat Benetar?
>
>	ACK! PPFTHHT! COUGH! GASP!
But one nice thing about the Benatar version: the high note ending,
"You know it's me, Katheeeeeeeeeee...".  That note would have been
perfect in Kate's voice.
--
The above is my thoughts, not my employer's; Terry Carroll  408/992-2152
The above is not legal advice;               tjc50@amail.amdahl.com (preferred)