Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Homeground letter

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1991 21:09:36 -0800
Subject: New Homeground letter
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

Got a form letter from Homeground yesterday:

Dear Everyone,

Yes, you guessed it, this is not HOMEGROUND 43, which has been delayed for a
number of reasons, including the fact that HOMEGROUND TOWERS is having its
guts ripped out whilst a new central heating system is being put in.  Also you
may have noticed that there is not a great deal of news.  In fact we need a
small respite to catch up on ourselves.  We also need a bit of time to get
back to all those who have written and are still awaiting a reply!  Issue 43
will follow shortly and will be this year's Christmas issue.  No-one will
loose out, everyone will get all the issues they have paid for.

THE NEWS
--------
The word from Kate's camp is that preparations for the tour, and the recording
of the album are still under way.  Projected release date for the album is
early next year.  We hope to have some more details in the next issue.

Prince's new album 'Pearls and Diamonds', released in a rather striking 3D
cover, does in fact contain a thankyou credit to Kate, although she does not
actually appear on the album.

The Elton John tribute album 'Two Rooms' will be released world-wide on 14th
October.  Kate's track (a stunning version of Rocket Man) will be used in the
USA to help break the album on alternative radio.

British readers will have seen the recent British Rail publicity campaign that
included a poster will the slogan 'Kate Bush branches out for &1' The poster
featured a photo of a little girl whos name actually is Catherine Bush (if not
the one we know and love).  We can report that Kate was actually approached
for permission to 'use' her name in this way, and was quite happy.

Italian superstar Zuccuro, recently in the UK charts with Paul Young has
approached (via his label London Records) Kate to record a duet with him for a
forthcomming album, but Kate has declined in view of her current workload.

Karen Childerstone - whom many of you will remember performed admirably at the
1990 Convention (and whom, as many of you may know is managed by Dave) - will
be releasing her version of 'Under The Ivy' as her debut single before
Christmas.  The record, produced by Paul Muggleton and Mike Paxman (of Judie
Tzuke fame) will be available through Polygram hopefully at the end of
November.

THE REST
--------
Here at the (rather turmoiled) HOMEGROUND TOWERS we are thinking in terms of a
convention for next year and we would appreciate your comments and ideas.

Normal service will be resumed with the Christmas issue.  Please keep your
letters, reports and art-work comming in.

        Bye for now,

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com