Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Enigma and their marvelous legal woes

From: studer@physics.su.OZ.AU (Andrew Studer)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1991 16:36:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Enigma and their marvelous legal woes
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ucc.su.OZ.AU

In article <b-=dd3b@lynx.unm.edu> lazlo@triton.unm.EDU (Lazlo Nibble) writes:
>MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:
>
>> A couple of years back a consort in Munich did a concert of Gregorian
>> chants in a church in town (I think it may have been the Lukaskirche

etc etc

>> (The above are, of course, allegations...)
>
>And nothing *but* allegations until you back them up, Meredith.  Which
>I really doubt you can.

etc etc.

The word I heard from a local street publication was that the man
who is Enigma (whose name escapes me) did a little bit of apologising
and maybe donated a bit of money to the group involved. It wasn't
exactly a copyright dispute because the recording was in the public
domain (ie not covered by copyright). Clever, eh? However the
man in charge of the chanting group (somewhere in Europe) was not
pleased with this minor alteration of the original recording.

Sorry if this is all a bit vague. I read it weeks ago but didn't
actually commit it to memory....

>Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)
>
>"Most impressive, Commander."
>	-- Worf to Riker in the Enterprise Men's Showers, Deck 41

Andrew Studer.

PS got the CD5 of "Sadeness" the other day. Love the "Meditation"
and "Violent US" remixes.