Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Requested Footnotes

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1991 15:59:33 -0700
Subject: Requested Footnotes
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

Hi!

>>(Stuff I said about Enigma)
>> (The above are, of course, allegations...)
>
> And nothing *but* allegations until you back them up, Meredith.  Which
> I really doubt you can.

I didn't bother to drop the equivalent of $5 each on the two German music
magazines I read reports of the pending lawsuit in, but I read them in World
Of Music in Munich's Marienplatz in early May.  Klaus Kluge or another German
Love-Hound may be willing to try to find these and send me photocopies of the
snippets to pass along to you, though it would be a heluva lot of work and time
to find them.

I also heard a report on 93.3 Radio Xanadu within a week of reading the
aforementioned magazines about the lawsuit, which I didn't manage to get on
tape.  Since I've left Germany I haven't heard any more about the case, which
makes sense, as Enigma was HUGE in Europe and the whole suit was treated as a
German/Munich matter.

> (If there were any justice in the world you'd get taken to task for this

Well, Lazlo, you just did, didn't you?  :)

> post even more seriously than Robin did for her "Kate Isn't Touring" post
> -- IMHO it's a lot more serious to accuse an artist of plagarising than it
> is to say they've cancelled their concert plans.)

Hey- *I* didn't accuse them of plagiarizing, the Munich consort did.
Unfortunately I've been unable to get further details on the case, and as a
matter of fact I don't care which way it goes.  I just thought it would be a
little item of interest for lurking Enigma fans out there.

Meredith Tarr			"Oh yes I know I'm always falling,
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu	 Gazing at hazy goldfish in your swimming eyes"
Wesleyan University						-Kate Bush