Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Misplaced love and TWW

From: sstevens@snap.ua.oz.au
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1991 18:30:21 -0700
Subject: Misplaced love and TWW
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hi,

I'm sorry to burden you lot with my problems, but there must be someone
out there who has experienced something similar to what I'm going through.
I only discovered Kate Bush three months ago.  Prior to this momentous
revelation, I had assumed that I just didn't like music that much.

Try to imagine what it would be like to obtain for the first time, over a
period of three months, everything she has ever done.  Imagine listening
to nothing else over that period.  Imagine buying books, posters and
using up three ribbons printing "The Garden".

To the best of my knowledge, Kate Bush Overdose (or KBO) has never been
documented before.  Here are my symptoms:

1)  I can't concentrate for more than five minutes on non-Kate related
    topics.  My work is suffering.

2)  I dream about her.  In one dream she brushed against me as she was
    leaving a stage.  In another she transformed before my eyes into a
    Jersey cow (I can only hope that this was inspired by "Get out of my
    House", otherwise I'm sicker than I thought).

3)  I make up little fantasies about her.  In one, she sits next to me
    on a really long flight.  More recently, I intercept sniper bullets
    meant for her, and almost die.

Is there a cure?  As I see it, I have never suffered the long waits
between albums.  This passion has got to fade eventually.  Also, there's
another ray of hope.  I bought Peter Gabriel's "So" album yesterday
(guess why) and thought to myself "Hey, this guy's okay."

Finally, I have a question regarding the boxed set.  When I first heard
about it, I already had the six albums on CD.  Feeling despondant, I
wandered into a shop, saw it, and half-heartedly asked if they would
(shock, horror) separate it.  They did.  Down here, the set normally
costs $250 (Australian) which is about $200 US (record prices in Oz are
higher than just about anywhere).  They sold me the box, TWW1&2, the
booklet and stickers for $130, which was very fair, as I only paid $7
extra for doing it the hard way.
Anyway, although the CDs in the boxed set looked identical to mine, is
there a way of telling them apart, like by serial no. or something?
The boxed set is the UK version.  I'm sorry if this has already been
covered.

And sorry to rave on, but I think that TWW1&2 contains a clue that it
might, someday, be released on its own.  It contains the track "Walk
Straight Down the Middle" which is present on the CD and cassette
versions of TSW, but not the vinyl.  The only reason I can think of for
its inclusion would be so that people with the vinyl TSW would be able
to get this song at a later date.  Again, I'm sorry if this has been
done to death before.

All yours,
Selwyn Selwyn Selwyn ya ya

sstevens@crackle.ua.oz.au