Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Two Rooms

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1991 08:45:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Two Rooms
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

In article <9110231530.AA03349@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu> saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.EDU (Saurav Misra) writes:
>Richard Chandler, motorcycle and firearm advocate (!!!) wanted to know
>some details, mostly physical, about the Elton John tribute album.
>I work in a record store, and we just got the darn thing in yesterday.

I got this one yesterday and have listened to it about 3 times. 'Rocketman'
isn't as bad as some people have said. Remember it's a cover, so KaTe can
reggae if she wants to. I bought around 11pm, so by the time I got home, I
couldn't crank it up to check the sound quality...I like it.

Sinead's 'Sacrifice' is REALLY great. Too bad in her Spin interview she says
she has no plans to record new music any time soon. :-(

BTW, 'Two rooms' marks the first appearance of Wilson Philips and KaTe on
the same album. I hope this doesn't become a trend :-) Actually their cover
isn't THAT bad.

Angelos
|'My ears have parasites'-hApPy RhOdEs|