Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and HM fans

From: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1991 11:44:21 -0700
Subject: Kate and HM fans
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu

Chris Williams sez:
<There appears to be little overlap between Kate and Heavy Metals fans>
Sir, I must take exception!! I myself love HM, yet own much of Kate's output.
Besides, many metal mags (not that I read those, of course....)seem to
consistently love her work ('Kerrang' comes to mind). The image of HM fans
as only loving said music is unfounded.
   I say, it does pain me to see Drukman reccommending all these death-disco
crap cds to people though. KMFDM? Puh-leeze? Jon, why mess around with the
pretenders when you can hear the real stuff? Yessirree, a good old dose of
Napalm Death/ Metallica/ Prong should cure the snappishness you always seem
to be suffering from. (Boy I hope he flames me...)