Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Danielle Dax

From: greg <greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1991 10:31:24 -0700
Subject: Danielle Dax
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

After hearing of Danielle Dax for about three years now on Gaffa, I
finally broke down and bought the E.P. CD entitled Big Blue '82'.
It features three versions of the title track and two versions of
Jehovah's Precious Stone.  The disc was a pleasant surprise.
I really love it!  I particularly fell for the 'zen extended mix'
of Big Blue '82'.  Dax has an excellent voice.  Thus, I must have
more.  However, budgetary restrictions allow for mostly informed
choices!  I know that there has been alot of talk about Dax on Gaffa,
but I don't save all the posts and my on board memory has severe
limitations (ah, the dismal past).

So, the nib of my gist is:
Is most of her work this sort of alternative dance sounding stuff?
I've seen _Dark_Adapted_Eye_ and _Blast_The_Human_Flower_ in the
local stores.  What are they like?  I realize that BB82 is from the
latter.  She plays alot (most?) of the instruments herself, n'est-ce pas?
Where is she from?

Any input is appreciated - thanks.

Greg Clark                               "Every now and then things
greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu            become clear."
                                                        -J. Siberry