Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Well....um.......uh........

From: viewpnt!echelon!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1991 09:25:23 -0700
Subject: Well....um.......uh........
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I just heard "Rocket Man" on the radio.

Um.

How to say it gently?

I don't think she's at her best here.

Actually, it sounded a lot like out-takes from the last two albums
spliced together with some reverb thrown in and a new lead vocal.

I expected something more like "Rocket's Tail" than "Rockin' Reggae".

Maybe the problem is in my expectations?

Maybe the problem was in that cheezy Fairlight woodwind section at the
beginning.

Maybe she's been learning to program the DX-7 she bought and now it's
rotted her mind totally.

Maybe she's been hacking raw OS-9 on the Fairlight and sucked out her
brains using hard disk recording.

Maybe she's been smoking dope with Ziggy Marley.

Let's hope this isn't a "preview of coming attractions".

It was awful.

					larry...

PS:  I reserve the right to rotate my opinion 180 degress when a lead
weight falls on my head and I discover the genius behind this rather
lame thing.  I must say, though, the sound textures were really kind
of cool, some of them.  "Rocket Man", it wasn't though.