Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World and Modern Love

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1991 11:01:18 -0700
Subject: Re: The Sensual World and Modern Love
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! henrik@echelon.UUCP (Larry DeLuca) raps:
>Frankly, I don't see what this "glazed donut" argument is all about.

You miss the point, it's not the CONTENT of the production that bothers me
(and others), it's the sound quality.  This CD is, bluntly, an incredibly
unprofessional recording.  It sounds like crap.  There is just no excuse for
the layers of crud that surround the sounds on this disc.  I wouldn't mind
so much if the songs were stronger, but as they aren't, I find myself paying
a lot of attention to the digital gunge that blobs all over the vocal
tracks, for instance.

>I think that modern production has spoiled people on music sometimes.

Maybe, but she's got the money to do the job right, and whether it's fair or
not, sound quality is important in modern music.  After all, there's nothing
wrong with the engineering of The Dreaming, and that was ten years prior to
TSW!

--
Jon Drukman (pure acid hell)                    uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.