Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate poster in Nightmare on Elm Street

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1991 01:30:00 -0700
Subject: Kate poster in Nightmare on Elm Street
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vickie here.

Chris and I were trying to remember which horror movie featured the poster
of Kate (no kidding!) on one of the main(?) character's closet door.
I say it was Nightmare On Elm Street Pt. 1, and he thinks it was Pt. 2
or Pt. 3, leaning towards 2. If anyone has a NoES festival on Halloween
night, look for it. Whichever one it was, we rented it after a mutual
friend said he saw it and we didn't believe it. We wanted to see if it
really was true and, if so, which poster was used. It was true, sure
enough, but we shut the movie off after seeing it. It's been years
since we watched it so we can't remember for sure which movie it was.

It is near the beginning of the film, and the teenage boy character is
having a bad dream. His parents come into his bedroom to wake him up and
that's when you can see the poster on the closet door, on the right side
of the screen. It's pretty clear in a couple of shots, so keep your eyes
peeled.