Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Now, a REALLY important question

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1991 11:23:01 -0700
Subject: Re: Now, a REALLY important question
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

In article <Oct.18.09.00.42.1991.27197@presto.ig.com> relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph) writes:

>In the referenced article, ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) writes:
>>
>>Why did Prince mention Kate in the liner notes for his new album?????
>
>Clearly he wanted to thank Kate for all the publicity he received when
>it was rumoured that Kate was to direct the first video from his new
>album.
Dijeridu or no dijeridu, this is an unanswered question.

>There's another good question:
>
>Why did Prince mention Sinead in the liner notes for his new album?????
>
>Was it to thank Sinead for all the publicity he received when Sinead
>told the press that he had locked her in his house all night?

No, this is to thank her for financing his latest projects with the royalties
from _Nothing Compares 2 U_.

This is probably not the place to say this, but IMHO D&Ps is Prince's second
or third worst album, too bad KT is mentioned there...

Angelos
With one wish we wake the will within wisdom       WHAT LANGUAGE ARE THESE
With one will we wish the wisdom within waking     WORDS SUNG IN?

Woken, wishing, willing
'Song of Sophia' - Dead Can Dance