Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Auntie Vickie Speaks to Jonathan, Pt.II

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1991 01:02:00 -0700
Subject: Auntie Vickie Speaks to Jonathan, Pt.II
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Auntie Vickie here.

Dear Jonathan, thank you for writing back! You said:

> I think my poor spinster aunt has been using polyurethane in an
> unventilated room again.

Why, I hadn't thought of that. Am I supposed to open the windows?

> Your sarcasm detector is broken, auntie v.  You can borrow mine if you'd
> like.

Ok, just be sure to wash it first. How do I know where it's been?

>>> Has anyone noticed that the unfocused imagery in Love And Anger reflects
>>> the pointlessness of that song's lyric?

>> Why no, I hadn't noticed that at all. The lyrics and the video mean
>> something to *me*. You don't like it because it has no meaning to you.

> It doesn't mean anything to anyone with more than five functioning brain
> cells.

Cousin Meredith will be happy to hear that. I personally haven't counted
my brain cells for...oh...10 years now. I think I have more than 5 though.
I'll check and let you know. In any case, I like "Love and Anger" very much.
Why is Kate immune from confusion? And why can't she write a song about it?

But dearie, everyone knows Kate lies. (look ma----> :-) )

> I think the video is the outward projection of that inner confusion.
> And it's crap.  I don't buy the parody angle, not for a second.

You watch your language young man! I'll wash your mouth out with soap!
Jonathan, it's your perogative to dismiss anything you like, but I *do* buy
the parody angle. I forget how much it cost though. And anyway, Kate's
just the prettiest little thing in that video. I like the dancers too.

>> No problems. I've done my share of criticizing. Remember when we joined
>> together in truly heart-warming unity to decry Kate's butchering of
>> "Be Kind To My Mistakes" - ah the memories...

> I'm trying very hard to control myself, but this is pushing me to the
> limit.  Let me turn on the sarcasm generator: "ooh, vickie, you are SUCH a
> rebel."

A compliment from Jon! I _like_ being a rebel like you, but it's bad for my
blood pressure, though, so I had to give it up. Ooh, you better send me that
sarcasm detector quick.

> I think part of the problem is that it's REALLY fun to bait people with
> tendencies to fly off the handle, eg: you.

What handle? Where? Oh, that handle that's sticking me in the back? I _told_
your Uncle Chris to fix that. I only fly off it when I'm having a flashback.

>> ps, how'd you like those Harlequin Romances?

> I have absolutely no idea what you are driveling about.

You missed my original Auntie Vickie post? :-(  I suppose you didn't get
those Barry Manilow albums either. Pooh!

> Have you been inhaling nitrous oxide without mixing in a good percentage
> of oxygen again?

Is _that_ how you do it? Ah...

Remember to take your vitamins dear, and wear a scarf.

Love'n'Hugs,

Auntie Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

ps, Peter, is this what you mean?