Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: male p.o.v. songs

From: boris%monsoon.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1991 20:40:37 -0700
Subject: Re: male p.o.v. songs
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)

In article <9110161716.AA10143@lewhoosh.umd.edu> jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.EDU (Jeffrey C. Burka) writes:
>Dan Riley asks:
>
>>Umm, what's specifically male about "Mother Stands for Comfort"?  I don't
>>see anything, so what am I missing?
>
>Well, you could look at the words "murderer" and "madman" from either
>perspective, though both are masculine.  However, there are sources outside
>the song:

You SEXIST! Murder is a male trait, eh? I guess washing dishes is a
feminine quality. After all, for some reason all those dish washing
gloves don't fit me, ugh. Someone should market "Just for Men" dish
washing gloves.

"What's the matter with sexy?"
"SexIST, IST!" --loosly remembered from Spinal Tap

Besides, doesn't everything boil down to Freud?

"I could go on and on... [you know the rest]"

--boris